PSA – you don’t need to spend $2-$3 on a cute little yogurt package with fruit and nuts.
Check it: All you need are some small plastic containers (I get mine at the dollar store and they are so sturdy and some fixins’).
What did I use?
- Cottage Cheese: $2.89 for the entire container
- Containers: $1 for 3 (I used 6)
- Frozen Pineapple: Less than $.50
- Frozen Strawberry: Less than $.50
- Dried Coconut Shavings: Less than $.10
- Dried Chopped Dates: Less than $.10
Even with the containers, this cost around $1.00 per serving. Without (because you’re going to reuse them over and over)? 68 Cents! And, MUCH more fresh and tastier than a store bought yogurt or sugary cottage cheese/fruit package.
Pack a metal spoon and you’re good to go!